If you have a septic tank and other domestic waste water treatment systems, you must register its details with your local authority and pay a registration fee.
New systems must be registered within 90 days of being connected. Replacements of previously registered systems do not have to be registered separately.
What are the exemptions from having to register and pay the fee?
There are no exemptions.
You will be asked for the following information when registering:
– your name,
– your email address (if registering online),
– your address and Eircode, for correspondence purposes,
– the address and Eircode of the property connected to a domestic wastewater treatment system (if different to your correspondence address)
– credit or debit card details for payment
– if registering online, you will also be asked to create a password so that you can access your account in the future. These details must be provided or you will be unable to complete the registration process.
– you will also be asked for information such as your telephone number.
Registration Protect Our Water
More info Citizens information septic tank & wastewater treatment